Roswell Recycling Center is committed to reducing the impact, we as citizens of Roswell have on our surroundings treating our scrap as a precious natural resource. This allows the people of Roswell to produce financial, environmental, and community income.
Recycling benefits include:
- Increasing US manufacturing and competitiveness.
- Decrease use of landfills and burning of waste.
- Decrease the pollution caused by the production of virgin materials.
- Recycling decreases the use of power.
- Shrink the amount of greenhouse gas produced by decaying waste.
- Safeguard natural resources.
- Preserve the environment for our children and grand-children.
- More than 70 million tons of scrap is recycled annually.
- Two-thirds of U.S. steel comes from ferrous scrap.
- Recycling one ton of steel saves about 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 21,000 pounds of coal and 120 pounds of limestone.
- Recycling one ton of aluminum saves more than five metric tons of bauxite ore and 14 megawatt hours of electricity.
What does that mean?
- Manufacturing from recyclable materials drastically reduces our energy costs and reduces green-house gas emissions by millions of tons while decreasing landfill use.
- Recycling reduces environmental impacts caused by mining.
- Reduction in pollutants discharged from ferrous and nonferrous manufacturing results in healthier water ways.
Recycling is a three-step.
- Collection and processing
The first step is collecting items and transporting them to Recycling Roswell for recycling. We quickly and easily recycled your end-of-life household items, commercial waste, or oil field items into cash.
- Selling and re-manufacturing
We prepared and sort your items into sizes appropriate for manufacturing. Your items go to industrial facilities and are reduced to raw materials suitable for the manufacture of new products.
- Purchasing recycled products
By purchasing new products made from recycled materials, we complete the Recycling Loop. If as consumers, we require more inexpensive green products, manufacturers will continue to meet their raw material needs by using recycled products.
RECYCLING AMERICA'S METAL RESOURCES
At Roswell Recycling Center recycling is more than part of our company name; recycling is one way we have a say in the health of the earth and restock our renewable resources. After a product made from metal has become ineffective, it is delivered to us. We sort and grade them; then we prepare them for sale.
We sell products through brokers or to consumers, smelters, mills and mini-mills and the recycling process begins again.
Recycling scrap metal results in:
- 105% decreased consumer waste
- 97% decreased mining waste
- 86% decreased air pollution.
- 76% decreased water pollution
- 40% decreased water used
Recycling reduces costs, reduces energy use and results in no noticeable difference in the consumer products. Without recycling, all waste would be discarded in our dumps. At Roswell Recycling Center, with your support, we contribute to the care of our Earth daily.