HOW TO SELL TO ROSWELL RECYCLING CENTER
Roswell Recycling Center is a public metal recycling facility. This means that both companies and individuals are welcome to “drop-in” and recycle all of your recyclable metals. No one needs to make an appointment before bring in your scrap. Just be certain to arrive after 7 am and before 3:45 pm.
DROP-OFF RECYCLING HOURS
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Gates close at 4:00 PM
Please arrive 15 minutes before closing
We pride ourselves on both our customer service and pricing because they will remind you to keep coming back!
- As you enter Roswell Recycling Center you will be greeted by our wide driveway directing you to our scales.
- Drive onto the scales and remain in your vehicle.
- Our friendly staff will weigh and classify your load.
- You will be directed to take your scrap material to our off-loading location.
- Our friendly off-loading personnel will greet you and help with your off-loading. Our driving areas are clean and there is no concern for flats.
- After off-loading your recyclables, you may be given a scale ticket or asked to return to the scale to get your empty weight.
- First you will pull onto the scale to get the empty weight and when notified, pull off the scale.
- Next you can park your vehicle and come to our pay window to receive payment for your materials. Remember Roswell Recycling Center requires a valid government ID and license plate number for payment.
- For current scrap pricing call (575) 623-5555 and ask for pricing.
SELLING TO ROSWELL RECYCLING CENTER
- Read or print and read the “What we buy / What we don’t buy” page to gain insight into our standards and to confirm that your scrap material complies with the requirements prior to leaving home.
- A current Driver’s License or valid State issued photo I.D. is required to receive payment.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Note and comply with posted speed limits.
- Follow Roswell Recycling’s personnel instructions.
- Please do not allow passengers in truck beds or on trailers.
- Under 16 children must be attended by an adult.
- Always wear shoes.
- Pay attention to heavy equipment, they may not be able to see you.
- Make eye contact with a heavy equipment operator before driving around all equipment.
- Follow instructions on the traffic signs as well as those given by the friendly inspectors.
- Enter unloading areas ONLY when instructed.
- If your vehicle is unloaded by a mobile equipment operator exit your vehicle and stay in the designated waiting area.
- No climbing on or removal of material from scrap heaps.
- Observe all instructional signs including the “No Smoking” and “Do Not Enter” signs.
- Watch for and protect all pedestrians while driving (particularly when backing up).
- Dress appropriately, please wear sturdy shoes and always use gloves to handle scrap.
Thank you for following these guidelines. You are making our yard safer.
Roswell Recycling Center does not buy stolen materials. New Mexico and Federal laws require identification be verified for sale of scrap metals – please present a valid government ID to the buyer prior to unloading material. A copy of your ID will be made at time of payment.